Your Rights as the ‘Data Subject’.
- The data subject’s right of access. You have the right to know whether data concerning you is being processed and if so, to have access to it.
- The data subject’s right to rectification. When personal data is inaccurate, then you can expect us to promptly correct it.
- The data subject’s right to be forgotten. Please message us using this link https://www.dentalpracticesales.co.uk/privacy-centre/forget-me/
- The data subject’s right to restriction of processing. This is the right to limit the scope of the processing of your data.
- The data subject’s right to data portability. You have the right to transfer personal data from one electronic processing system to and into another electronic processing system.
- The data subject’s right to object. You have the right to decline to have your personal data processed.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data is as a ‘Legitimate Interest’.
We have considered the following three criteria and completed a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA).
- Purpose test: We are pursuing legitimate interests
- Necessity test: The processing is necessary for that purpose
- Balancing test: The individual’s interests do not override the legitimate interests
- We process personal data in order to match up prospective purchasers of dental practices with dentists who want to sell their dental practice(s). The processing of their data is of mutual benefit
- We process personal data in order to understand which clients require business funding in order to purchase a dental practice
- The processing of personal data enables us to quickly search and match thousands of records
- We would be unable to manually review thousands of records in order to find the one person or company who is able to help our clients
- We do not hold any sensitive personal information
- We do not process data for anyone who we believe is under 18 years of age.
- We do not process data which is particularly private
- We do process data that refers to people in their professional capacity. This is to help with accurately sharing industry information
Personal identification information
We collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, GDC number and an indication if they wish to buy, sell or buy and sell a dental practice(s).
We also ask for your position or status (if the application is made on behalf of an incorporated business), your business name, your day-time contact telephone number and a private phone number.
We also ask which geographical area and price range you are particularly interested in.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address), or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect technical information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. This may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
- How we use collected information
To improve customer service:
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience:
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our site:
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We share details to practice finance brokers at the request of users. We may provide generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
If you have agreed or are in negotiation on the purchase of a dental practice through Lily Head Dental Practice Sales we will share your personal information with our client and their legal team in order to facilitate a transaction. It will extend to your name, e mail address, GDC number (if applicable) and your private phone number.
If a seller terminates their contract with us we will cease marketing their dental practice. If you registered you requested the sales resume for that dental practice, requested the dental practice accounts or arranged a viewing of that dental practice we will share your name and GDC number (if applicable) with the vendor. If the vendor decides to market their dental practice through another broker within 2 years of terminating their agreement with us they will share your details with that secondary dental broker.
We only share data with organisations within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Data Retention Policy
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet. Please refer to our data retention policy here: https://www.dentalpracticesales.co.uk/privacy-centre/data-retention-policy/
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Data Privacy Manager
James Head (Director) is our appointed Data Privacy Manager.
Lily Head Dental Practice Sales Ltd
The Old Post Office
Tel: 0333 772 0654
Contact the Information Commissioners Office (ico.)
If you wish to complain to the ico please use this link: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Updated 7th November 2019